Membership in the SCBA is one of the best investments you can make in your career. The law is always evolving, new legislation is constantly passed, and emerging technologies change how we practice. Your membership in the SCBA provides you with the tools, research and network that help you stay on top of your practice. Our member benefits enable you to practice more affordably and effectively while upholding the ideals of the profession. Throughout your career, the SCBA will be here to support you in your professional needs.
As a member of the Sarasota County Bar Association you'll receive the following member benefits -
- The Docket - the magazine of the Sarasota County Bar Association. Published monthly (except December and July), it reaches a sophisticated, highly educated, high-income audience of more than 1,000 attorneys, judges and other members of the legal community
- Leadership Opportunities - professional development through SCBA Sections and Committees
- Practice Sections - free membership in unlimited number of Practice Sections that offer networking, educational and professional opportunities specifically tailored to serve and meet the needs and interests of the following practice areas: Alternative Dispute Resolution, Appellate, Business, Civil Trial, Elder Law, Estate Planning & Probate, Family, Labor & Employment, Real Property, Solo/Small Firm, State & Local Government.
- Committees - opportunities to serve on the following committees: Audit, Communications, Finance Governance, Nominating, Membership, Programs
- Networking - connect with colleagues and members of the judiciary, grow your practice and thrive in your profession.
- Publicity and Exposure - the SCBA offers various ways to promote the practice of law generally and your business specifically through volunteer opportunities, use of our seal of membership, advertising opportunities and sponsorship opportunities.
- Pictorial Directory - a unique benefit of SCBA membership and a valuable reference book identifying members, their employment, contact information, headshot and practice areas .
NEW MEMBERS: Join the SCBA Today!
RETURNING MEMBERS: Renew Your Membership